No More Excuses II
Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them.” ― John Wooden,
Last week I shared a story about a young girl who took drastic steps to change the story of her life. A teenage mom, who dropped out of high school to get a job to support herself and her baby. She could have made excuses for where she was in her life and accept the situation as it is, but she did not. She took night classes, furthered her education and later became a principal in the same school district where she was selling meal tickets. What do you need to do to accomplish that goal you have been putting off.
1. Prioritize: Decide how important the goal is to you? Is the goal important enough to make you turn the TV off for two hours and read a book or cut off social media to make time for an online class? Look through your schedule, find out activities you can take off your daily schedule to accommodate a new routine that moves you towards your dreams.
2. Be Determined : You need to be determined to stay true to your new schedule, decide not to give up no matter what.
3. Believe in yourself: The way we think goes a long way to shape our lives. Irrespective of where you have been or where you are in life, believe there is so much potential within you. You might need some training, or you may need to acquire new skills to maximize your potential and accomplish your goals.
4. Find Support : Having an accountability partner might be necessary to keep you on track, generally having a good support system in place is quite valuable. Think more about the potential you have in you and what you can accomplish. The more you think about these, the more sacrifice you are willing to make to maximize your potential.
– Written by Bola Olayanju
Latest posts by J. B Olayanju (see all)
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017
- How To Stand Out Of The Crowd - September 24, 2017
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017