There are times in life when a seemingly perfect opportunity presents itself and it is not even perceived as an opportunity until it is long gone. You may have heard people say: “Once the right opportunity to present itself and I will return to college or start a business. Should we really wait for opportunities? This may be a coincidence but opportunities seem to present itself to people that are actively doing something not those waiting. To create the opportunities you desire, these two tips are important:
1. Change the way you think: It all starts with your perceptions, think possibilities, see possibilities and you will change what happens around you.
Think about this scenario:
A young man, Shawn, who dropped out of high school seven years ago, recently got laid off his job. He has no technical skills whatsoever, and has had difficulty getting jobs from time to time. He is frustrated about looking for jobs almost every 8 months but does not know what to do.
Shawn can sit down and think about all the frustrations in his life right now and the ones he endured in the past. He could even take it further by looking for people in his life that could be held responsible for his current predicament. This thought pattern may lead to bitterness and resentment among other things. One thing is certain, this thought pattern will not lead him out of his current predicament.
Alternatively, he can decide to think of the possibility of a bright future, not limited by his past pain or misfortune but shaped by his determination to succeed. Taking responsibility for his life and determined to make a change, he can start engaging in activities that will add value to him. Taking the right steps out of the problem starts by changing the way he thinks. Thinking more about what can be done with what you have rather than focus on what was done or not done in the past.
2. Change what you say: as simple as this sounds, it is very powerful. Our words create our reality. Instead of speaking defeating words that will dampen your morale, stand up and declare what you desire for your life! These positive declarations will energize you and beyond that shape your future.
What opportunities do you desire? Start creating those opportunities today by changing the way you think about the situation and what you say about it.
Latest posts by J. B Olayanju (see all)
- 2 Reasons You Should Not Quit - October 22, 2017
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017
- How To Stand Out Of The Crowd - September 24, 2017