Victory Is Sweet : Lessons from SpaceX
As I sat and watched the Space X team rejoice yesterday so many things were going through my mind.
The energy in the room was almost palpable, the excitement was real. Putting it all simply, victory is sweet.
Space X successfully launched and landed their giant Falcon 9 rocket.
It was not just a victory for the team, it was a victory for the scientific community as a whole.
Prior to this, the company had made 3 unsuccessful attempts to launch the rocket.
I particularly remember the disastrous launch on June 28th 2015. The press coverage was massive, everyone had an opinion and criticism was not scarce all.
The team did not spend time responding to critics.
Instead they went back to the drawing board to understand what lead to the crash and what they needed to do to move things along.
Less than six months after the crash, they successfully launched the rocket.
There are few nuggets to glean from this:
1. Fail and learn: If you fail, learn from it. Decide not to give up. Persevering is a choice, regardless of the scenario, the choice is always yours. You can fail and quit or fail, learn and move forward. Choose the latter and experience sweet victory that comes with persevering.
When you feel like quitting, remember why you started in the first place – Unknown
2. You can accomplish anything: The human spirit is very powerful. When you set your heart to do anything you can accomplish it. What do you have in mind to accomplish? Stay focused, stay determined, all things are possible to you if you believe.
3. What you think and say matters: People will always have their opinion , and they are also free to express their opinion. People might think and say you are a failure. Or really cannot amount to anything.
The choice is yours, the choice to believe is completely yours. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. Believe you can accomplish what you set your heart on to accomplish. Believe there is so much potential within you.
I believe in you! Cheering you on to success.
Latest posts by J. B Olayanju (see all)
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017
- 2 Powerful Tips That Can Change Your Life - June 19, 2017
- 2 Valuable Tips When Transitioning To The Next Level - June 12, 2017