Tips For Bringing Out the Best in People
Imagine this, you have great friends, your relationship with your spouse is blossoming, your family is not perfect but you get along pretty well. Is this something anyone will desire? Can you build lasting relationships? I believe you can.
The focus of this post is to highlight some valuable tips on how to bring out the best in people and have blossoming or lasting relationships. Successful relationships are cultivated, they do not just happen. Below are some tips, hope you find them useful.
1. Focus on the positive: Every one has something admirable about them, focus on that and not their short comings. When you focus on the good in people, you admire them and this goes a long way to affect the way you relate with them. How do you feel when someone who complains about your every move comes around? Most likely you are slightly withdrawn and you may even be thinking “here we go again”. Think about how you feel when someone who is generous with compliments come around. Even if they do not pass any compliment, you brighten up when you see them. Carefully consider the two scenarios what response would you want from people when you come around?
2. Believe in people: Nothing brings out the best in people like knowing you have confidence in them. Let people around you know you believe in them. How do you feel knowing that people have confidence in you? Does it warm your heart and inspire you? If you truly believe in their abilities, let them know. You are energizing them to do better than ever.
3. Invest in people: It takes time to develop a strong relationship, are you ready to invest that time? Sometimes, if not most times it takes more than just making time. Whatever it takes, decide to invest in the people in your life to the best of your ability. Watch the results flow in.
4. Treat others the way you want to be treated: Most times you realize that you really want others to accommodate your short comings, extend the same hand to others. In every scenario, before you respond, pause and think ” how will I want to be treated”? Or play the scenarios out in your mind and think ” how will I feel if I was treated that way”? You will be surprised how those simple questions will influence your decisions.
Everyone has something really precious in them. By our actions we can actually bring out the best in people.
Enjoyed reading this article? Share with your friends:)
Latest posts by Julia (see all)
- You Are Destined For The Top…Nothing Less. - November 26, 2017
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017