Pass Love On…
If you think back, you most likely will remember a time someone reached out to you with a kind gesture that warmed your heart. Most times this gesture is unexpected and does not warrant a favor in return. We live in a world where people suffer loss, endure abuse, live in poverty or with depression and do not know what to do. Someone you work with may even be going through a difficult situation, endeavoring to hold up strong. Wondering what you can do? Please choose to “Pass Love On”, below are some ways to do so:
1. Be Tolerant: An act of kindness could be as simple as tolerating someone’s “annoying” behavior, you really do not know what they are going through. I once read a story of a man on the New York subway, it was early in the morning and every one was enjoying a quiet peaceful ride until this man and his 3 boys came on-board. The children were quite restless and their father did not make any effort to check them. At some point, one of the passengers got tired of the noise and chaos the children were making and was about to give the father his candid opinion. He decided to start by asking where their mother was, the man took a deep breathe and responded that she died that morning and they just left the hospital. That response completely changed the other passenger’s perspective, the children were not really noisy after all. You really do not know what the person next to you, and a act of kindness might be as simple as being more accommodating.
2. Be Generous: Pass love on by extending a hand of kindness to someone in need. You can financially support a cause you believe in or engage in a sporting event to raise funds for charity. It could even be something as simple as buying a cup of coffee for someone. Make it your goal to put a smile on someone’s lips this week, you never know, you may be providing someone with a reason to live.
Though it sounds really simple choosing to enrich other people is very gratifying and transformational (it changes you to be a stronger and more compassionate person). Make it a great week and don’t forget to pass love on!
Photo credit: http://passloveon.org
Latest posts by Julia (see all)
- You Are Destined For The Top…Nothing Less. - November 26, 2017
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017