Motor or Anchor?
I love the outdoors and fishing is one activity that does not stop to intrigue me. As I write this post, two items used on boats come to mind: an anchor and a motor, take a moment and think about the function of both.
An anchor keeps the boat still, while a motor propels the boat in the desired direction. People can be anchors or motors as well, people can weigh you down or keep you far from your dreams. People can also motivate and energize you in the direction of your dreams. My question is two fold:
- 1. Do you surround yourself with anchors or motors? Often times the first thing that comes to mind when people are faced with questions like this is friends. Which is true, friends can weigh you down or encourage you. Beyond that, what do spend time watching, reading, or listening to? This are the biggest influences in our lives which shape the person we become. You want to change your future? Start now by flipping through your playlist and replacing discouraging content with encouraging ones.
- 2. Are you an anchor or a motor? You might start thinking you do not have anything encouraging to tell anyone. You really do not have to say anything, just wear a smile and you might make someone’s day. Having a positive attitude around you can even impact people more than your words can.
So go ahead and inspire someone today.
Leave a comment below, I will be glad to respond.
Credits: Image by noppasinw on Freedigitalphotos.net
Latest posts by J. B Olayanju (see all)
- 2 Powerful Tips That Can Change Your Life - June 19, 2017
- 2 Valuable Tips When Transitioning To The Next Level - June 12, 2017
- 10 Inspiring Quotes For Success - June 5, 2017