Let Nothing Hold You Back.
I recently read an account of a young boy who had an interesting conversation with a man selling balloons. The African-American boy asked the man if a black balloon can float as high as other balloons. The man responded that it is the content of the balloon that determines how far it will fly not its color.
That account bought something important to mind, what determines how far anyone goes in life is the potential in them and what is done with it. The following are sometimes considered limitations but should not be seen as such because they are not.
1. Your race is not a limitation: believe you have so much potential in you and can become whoever you want to be irrespective of your race. Choose not to see the color of your skin as a limitation because really it is not. Appreciate the fact that you have so much in you, choose to give expression to that potential in you by developing good habits that adds value to you.
2. Your education or lack of it is not a limitation: While some people believe a lack of college education is a limitation, some others believe the type of college education prevents them from going after their dreams. I recently had a conversation with someone with a finance background who feels stuck in finance industry because of his education and experience. You are not stuck, the first step is to stop thinking that way, if you think you are stuck then you are. The next step is to start exploring how you can really do what you want to do on a part-time basis and grow from there. The lack of a college education is not a limitation either, but if you desire a college education go for it. It is never too late to do what you really want. Mary Fasano graduated from Harvard University at the age of 89*
3. Your family background is not a limitation: You may have had a disadvantaged upbringing. This may have shaped your life so far, do not allow it to shape your future. Let a desire to move past the pain well up in you, and start taking steps to the future you desire. I encourage you to get professional help if you have been through painful or abusive situations in your past. You can’t change the past but you can shape the future and the best time to start is now.
Irrespective of what you may have believed in the past, you do not have any limits except you place the limits on yourself. Believe you can, and you will. You can become whoever you want to be. So what are you waiting for? Go for it!
* Havard Historical facts: http://www.harvard.edu/historical-facts
Did you enjoy this post? Please share with friends. Thank you! 🙂
Latest posts by Julia (see all)
- You Are Destined For The Top…Nothing Less. - November 26, 2017
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017