You are not perfect …and that’s okay!
I looked at myself in the mirror one morning and told myself these simple words” I am not perfect… and that’s okay. It didn’t end there though, I decided to be a “better me”. I was not out to be better than my friends or anyone around me but simply be the best I could possibly be. That was about 18 years ago, even though I am not perfect, I am a much better person today because of that simple decision. Here are some of the tips I find very valuable:
1. Love yourself: the first step in the journey to a better you is coming to terms with the fact that you are not perfect and if you think carefully about it no one is. Accept and love “you”. For me at that point, I was grateful for my strength and looked to God to help me overcome my weaknesses.
2. Take practical steps: consciously exposing yourself to materials (books, CDs, DVDs) specific to the what you are working on is priceless.
3. Stay teachable: there is always something to learn and staying open to learn from others is equally important. I hope you find these tips helpful, look out for more tips on my next post on becoming a better you.
Thank you for reading!
Image courtesy free digital image.net
Latest posts by InspiringNuggets (see all)
- 2 Powerful Tips That Can Change Your Life - June 19, 2017
- 2 Valuable Tips When Transitioning To The Next Level - June 12, 2017
- 10 Inspiring Quotes For Success - June 5, 2017