How To Stay On Track And Live Your Dreams
Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.”-Peter Drucker
Have you ever thought about life as a journey? Think about this scenario which assumed to have occurred at a time before the use of global positioning systems (GPS).
You are on a trip with a dear friend to a city three hours drive away. Armed with your map, you headed out in the right direction but while chatting and having a great time with your friend you got off track. Neither of you realized this until four hours later, you were shocked how far you have traveled off course. You located where you are on your map and started your journey back to your desired destination…
What if you had checked the map midway into the trip?
I believe this scenario is something you can relate with.
Life is a journey, sometimes you think through your life and realize you are not where you really want to be.
Realizing you are not where you want to be is a great thing! You can now start working towards where you want to be.
Think about the car scenario for a minute. If you do not realize you are traveling in the wrong direction, you cannot turn back. You just keep driving happily in the wrong direction.
Life is exactly the same.
Are you heading in the direction you have always dreamed off or you are going fast in the wrong direction? I hope you find the points highlighted below useful.
1. Save time: every mile you travel either take you closer or further away from your destination depending on the direction you are traveling. The same with our lives, what you do on daily basis is either taking you closer or further away from your goal. Taking time to reflect and access progress towards your goals help you to detect if you are on track to achieve your goals or not. The earlier you detect you are off track the better. It is almost mid-year where are you with your goals for 2016?. Practical tip: Take a moment to write down answers to the following questions: 1. What is your desired goal? 2. How far are you from achieving it? 3. What can you do on a daily basis to make your goals a reality? Let your responses to the questions above guide your next steps.
2. Change directions: No matter how far you have traveled in the wrong direction, you can change course and start heading towards your desired destination. A reflective time will help determine if you need to change directions or not. Practical example: You have always wanted to change the way you eat. Your goal this year is to lose 25 pounds by October 2016. You know to accomplish this goal you need to change the way what you eat. It is May and you have not given finding new recipes a thought. You try hard to ignore the fact that you have gained weight despite your desire to lose weight. My question is: if things continue the way they have been since January, will you accomplish your goal by year-end?
Where ever you are in your journey, think about what you need to do to accomplish them. Stay focused and determined, you have all it takes to get things done. Go for it!
Latest posts by InspiringNuggets (see all)
- 2 Powerful Tips That Can Change Your Life - June 19, 2017
- 2 Valuable Tips When Transitioning To The Next Level - June 12, 2017
- 10 Inspiring Quotes For Success - June 5, 2017