How To Move Past Your Pain
Have you ever suffered loss and words cannot adequately describe your pain?
You feel alone even though there are so many people around trying to support you…
You feel alone because no one else can feel your pain or can relieve you…
There are some moments in life that you go through certain situations and you wonder how to deal with it.
I lost my father two years ago (6/19/14). His passing was the most painful experience I have ever had. There were times I asked myself if I could ever get over it.
At the time getting over the pain looked impossible…but I did. There were important lessons learnt in the process and I will love to share. I hope someone finds it useful.
1. Decide to move on. There was a point after my loss that I knew I had to make a choice. It was the same week my father died , the pain was real and I was grief-stricken. I made a decision to move past the pain, I absolutely had no idea how but made the decision anyway. Looking back today, I realized that was the most important decision I made.
2. Reach out for help: Once a decision to move on is made, ask God for help. More than ever before I appreciated the privilege I have to call God my father and the ability to lean on him for strength. It is important to express your emotions, don’t suppress it, cry if you need to. While it okay to express yourself it is absolutely crucial to reach out to God for help. One thing I found extremely valuable was spending time praying and asking God to heal my broken heart. I regained emotional strength with every passing day and you can too.
3. Focusing on the beautiful memories we created together when he was alive was quite refreshing. Talking and laughing about the fun times assisted the healing process. This was a perspective my counseling pastor gave me and it helped me tremendously.
My goal with this post is to encourage anyone experiencing grief. God heals and comforts like no one else can. Reach out to him and allow him to soothe your wounds.
Latest posts by J. B Olayanju (see all)
- You Are Destined For The Top…Nothing Less. - November 26, 2017
- 2 Reasons You Should Not Quit - October 22, 2017
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017