Be yourself… Boldly!
There is nothing more beautiful than feeling comfortable in your own skin. There is something unique and special about you that the world is eager to discover. If you are wondering how you can feel comfortable being yourself, I hope you find the following tips helpful.
1. Deal with the insecurity: Start by acknowledging your gifts and strengths. When people admire those unique qualities you possess, don’t brush it off, accept it and be thankful for it. So many times people talk so much about their flaws and when others around them talk about their strengths they brush it off. These somewhat simple habit fuels insecurity and low self-esteem. Develop a strategy to change habits you are not happy with in your life. For example, if you have a poor eating habit, let’s assume you eat too frequently and you really want to change that. You might come up with a strategy to replace your snacks with something rich in whole grains, whole grains tend to make you feel full and may reduce the frequency at which you feel like eating. My goal is not to make dietary recommendations, I used that to illustrate a point that you can take steps to change what you do not like in your life. Do not waste time complaining or blaming others for it, because it would not change the problem it can only compound it.
2. Invest in yourself: Create new habits that help you discover and maximize your potential. Reading books or listening to audio books that are motivational and inspiring is a good place to start. Think about this: can I carry the same weights body builders carry? No! Why? They have more muscles than me? No, they do not but they have trained their muscles to carry such heavy weights over time, while I have not. If I want to carry weights like they do I have to train myself to do so, I have the potential to do the same but I have to work on myself to maximize my potential. This simple principle apply in every area of life, start investing in yourself today, you will be amazed to realize how much you have in you.
Thank you so much for reading, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Latest posts by Julia (see all)
- You Are Destined For The Top…Nothing Less. - November 26, 2017
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017