Are You Heading The Wrong Way
Photo credit @ DollarPhotoClub
Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.”Peter Drucker
Have you ever thought about life as a journey? Think about this scenario which assumed to have occurred at a time before the use of global positioning systems (GPS).
You are on a trip with a dear friend to a city three hours drive away. Armed with your map, you headed out in the right direction but while chatting and having a great time with your friend you got off track. Neither of you realized this until four hours later, you were shocked how far you have traveled off course. You located where you are on your map and started your journey back to your desired destination…
I believe this scenario is something you can relate with. I think about life as a journey and really think it is important to access where you are on your journey on a regular basis. I have listed the reasons for such reflections below:
1. Save time: every mile you travel either take you closer or further away from your destination depending on the direction you are traveling. The same with our lives, what you do on daily basis is either taking you closer or further away from your goal. Taking time to reflect and access progress towards your goals help you to detect if you are on track to achieve your goals or not. The earlier you detect you are off track the better. It is almost end of the first quarter of the year. Where are you with your goals for 2016?. Practical tip: Take a moment to write down answers to the following questions: 1. What is your desired goal? 2. How far are you from achieving it? 3. What can you do on a daily basis to make your goals a reality? Let your responses to the questions above guide your next steps.
2. Change directions: No matter how far you have traveled in the wrong direction, you can change course and start heading towards your desired destination. A reflective time will help determine if you need to change directions or not. Practical example: You have always wanted to change the way you eat. Your goal this year is to lose 25 pounds by October 2016. To accomplish this goal you need to change the way what you eat. It is March and you have not given finding new recipes a thought. You try hard to ignore the fact that you have gained weight despite your desire to lose weight. My question is: if things continue the way they have been since January, will you accomplish your goal by year-end?
Where ever you are in your journey, think about what you need to do to accomplish your goals. Stay focused and determined, you have all it takes to accomplish your goals. Go for it!
Cheering you on to success!
Old post Reblogged from Inspiringnuggets.com
Latest posts by InspiringNuggets (see all)
- 2 Powerful Tips That Can Change Your Life - June 19, 2017
- 2 Valuable Tips When Transitioning To The Next Level - June 12, 2017
- 10 Inspiring Quotes For Success - June 5, 2017