4 Ways to Improve Your Mood Right Now
We all have moments when we feel down. Times when we may not even know how to snap out of a bad mood. It is in these moments that we need some ways to boost our mood, so check out these tips and see if you don’t get a little boost yourself.
- Smile. Sounds simple right? But when we do something that makes us smile, or better yet laugh, the body releases endorphins those great feel-good opiates that make you feel better all over, body and soul. It can also reduce the stress causing hormone cortisol which in large quantities can cause depression and exhaustion. So watch a funny movie, listen to a comedy podcast, or talk to that friend who you know always makes you laugh.
- Clean or organize something: Sometimes when we start to feel like our lives are out of control we can bring those negative feelings on ourselves. So get some control back, clean a bathroom, organize your closet, or workspace. Cleaning and organizing creates a sense of accomplishment, and maybe that sense of control will be the pick-me-up you need.
- Pamper yourself: Sometimes all we need for a mood boost is a little self improvement. Go get a manicure, a massage, do a home facial, or paint your toenails. When we take some time to do something for ourselves we can remember that we deserve to be happy and feel good about ourselves.
- Do something for someone else: Doing something for ourselves is a great way to boost our moods, but what if we boosted someone else’s mood? Pay for the person behind you in the drive thru lane, or send a present to a friend or family member you haven’t seen in awhile. Take a co-worker out to lunch, and really listen to whatever they want to talk about. Maybe you’ll remember that you are part of a greater network of people, and you make it better just by your presence.
We are always going to feel down sometimes, but maybe any of these tips might just be the pick-up you need to feel better right now!
Latest posts by Sara Galyon (see all)
- 4 Important Tips For Understanding People - December 11, 2016
- 4 Important Reasons To Keep A Journal - April 27, 2016
- Simple Tips to Loving People No Matter How Difficult - April 25, 2016