3 Ways to Finish The Year Strong!
In a few days we will usher in a New Year.
While some may be thinking where did the year go? Others may be looking through their accomplishments and mapping out what needs to be done before the year ends.
Irrespective of the category you belong to, you can finish the year strong.
What does finishing the year strong mean to you?
Success is measured differently in different situations by different people.
What is a successful year from your perspective? What needs to happen for you to call a year a great year?
Even though we have just a few days to the end of the year depending on how you choose to see it, you can still finish the year strong.
Here are a few steps you may find useful:
1. Know where you are and where you want to be: Take a few minutes to access where you are?
Did you make goals for this year?
How close are you to accomplishing those goals? Or have you accomplished all of them already?
If the goals are already accomplished what can you do to push yourself a bit further, yes, raise the bar and go for more.
If you are no where close to accomplishing your goals or you accomplished some and not all. Don’t be dismayed you can get it right. The main question you should be asking is how to get it right. There is a how to everything. Carefully think through what you may have done and what you can do differently.
Success in any area of life is intentional never by chance
2. Write down your plans and your lessons: You may have so much mapped out in your mind, but the journey does not start until you actually write it down.
Success for you at the beginning of the year may be defined as accomplishing “x” number of things. (Where x could be any number).
If you have not accomplished all you set out to accomplish, then you can redefine success. Success can be redefined as accomplishing what you have been able to accomplish and having a clear understanding of why you could not accomplish the remaining.
Anytime a plan fails, it is important to think through and evaluate the situation to learn what can be done differently.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
Make time to think through your successes and failures this year. What did you learn from it? Write down what you will do more of to enjoy more successes. Write activities you need to avoid or habits you need to develop to enjoy greater successes next year.
No matter how busy you are, always make time to think, and also to write down your thoughts.
3. Take Action : Now that you know where you are and where you need to be, it is time to take action. It is equally as important to execute your plans as it is come up with a plan in the first place.
Be motivated to accomplish that goal, see yourself living your dreams and simply go for it!
Action is the foundational key to all success. – Pablo Picasso
Latest posts by J. B Olayanju (see all)
- 2 Simple Strategies To Spring Forward…Finish Strong - October 7, 2017
- How To Stand Out Of The Crowd - September 24, 2017
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017