3 Practical Steps To Living The Life You Desire
I still remember lying in bed one morning watching my two-year old son stare out of the window with rapt attention.
It was one of the most reflective times of my life as I ponder on parenting and the responsibilities that come with it.
My husband and I wanted to start a family right after we got married, neither of knew what that entailed..though we thought we did.
I grew up in a close-knit family and I had a wonderful time babysitting my younger siblings, and cousins. I never thought much of raising a family at all, after all, I grew up taking care of younger ones.
Naively, while I was still single, I had planned my life goals and dreams without giving much consideration to raising a family, even though I desired one.
That morning, I critically accessed my life goals in the light where I was in my life.
At the time I was setting my life goals, I was single, now things have changed and I had to face that.
Milestones I set for my self had to change, priorities had to shift and I simply had to draw a completely different picture.
That was six years ago and I am truly thankful, I embraced the change I made. I hope you find the list below helpful.
1. What is your dream for your life? It is important to get a clear picture of what you want your life to look like.
For so long, I had focused solely on my career and success for me was defined by how much success I had on my job.
Later, specifically after I started a family, I saw a bigger picture and started thinking more in terms of a complete me.
I sat down and wrote what I desired for myself as person (physical, emotional and spiritual), as a wife, a mom, a professional, the list went on.
2. Establish practical routines: How do you accomplish the dream you have? One practical approach is by establishing a routine of activities you could carry out on a daily basis to move you towards your dream.
For example you desire to read a book every week. Instead of looking for a day when you can seat down for 3 or 4 hours to read the entire book, why not read 10 pages of the book a day.
Routines vary from person to person but it is important to ensure that everyday we incorporate activities in our schedule that move us closer to our dreams.
3. Set realistic milestones: Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, set milestones that are realistic for you. For example losing 10 lbs a week might be realistic goal for your girlfriend but it might be a stretch for you. Stay with what works for you.
Baby steps or giant steps, the size of the steps does not really matter, the most important thing is that everyday moves you closer to your dreams.
Originally posted on Inspiringnuggets.com
Latest posts by J. B Olayanju (see all)
- How To Stay Focused When You Feel Like Giving Up - August 20, 2017
- 2 Powerful Tips That Can Change Your Life - June 19, 2017
- 2 Valuable Tips When Transitioning To The Next Level - June 12, 2017